27089: Senou: (Comment) A little suggestion

A little suggestion

It is not prudent to form anything while the country
is in crisis. There are various well known existing
Haitian Organizations; à mon humble avis, they should
find a way to form a Historical Alliance among them in
their respective region and then connect to various
states within the continental of the United States and
Canada.

Je vous invite Haïtiens et Haïtiennes dans un projet
d?Alliance; contre ce dit projet, j?entends déjà
monter des objections outrées: Comment coopérer avec
des gens corrompus et des vagabonds ?habillés et
sales? sans se compromettre soi même?  L?objection est
de taille; however, I want you to look back 203 years
ago and relive our first Historical Alliance that took
place on May 18, 1803. Slave owners allied with their
slaves and former slaves, educated people back then
allied with non educated, rich with poor and so on.

Today, we have the same picture in front of us; our
ancestors knew back then that this war could not be
won without involving many and without establishing a
compromise among themselves. And they chose the best
qualified person to help them win the war. That person
did not know how to read and write. Why choosing an
individual who could not read and write while there
were scores of people who attended school in Paris
present in that extraordinary meeting? He had the
skill that was needed the most. Our ancestors were
wise and very wise.

At the end of the 1980?s, we have seen something very
similar taking place to compel the United States of
America to remove our name from the AIDS list. I was
not a witness but I was an active participant of that
gigantesque movement. Haitians from everywhere, black
and white, rich and poor, educated and non educated
and as well as our American friends and other ethnic
groups were united to organize the biggest peaceful
protest of an ethnic group in the U.S. of all time.

Haitian people to stand together when the cause is
universal; I?m ready to support many existing
organizations as long as they are doing what they say
in their mission and they are not for personal or a
small group interest.

The country is technically occupied and it is not the
time for a serious and a responsible Haitian to bring
negative issues that can prevent Haitians from getting
together.  Today, we have to go above personal
interest and we have to start where we are. Therefore,
I call for a good understanding among Haitians and
various existing Haitian groups and friends of Haiti
in their respective area. Do not create any other
group, but ally with each other.

Base of the nature of what I?m doing in organizing
high profile and structure conferences where all sides
are invited, I tend to remain neutral but as you know
neutrality is a position but it does not exist. And
the same thing applies to critic; objective criticism
does not exist since you are likely criticizing your
foe publicly. Consequently, once you tell me something
negative about anyone, my first question to you: do
you share that particular info to assist that person
or to create doubt on his/her ability. Why you do not
say anything positive that he/she has done?
Creating Doubt is our biggest enemy in the Diaspora.
We are moving around and your personal success will
generate more friends and create a lot of enemies and
when you are operating in an area fill with limited,
jealous and low self-esteem people, you have to be
careful and watch your back. Bondje di veyé e pryé.
Since doubt is our biggest enemy, we shall find a way
to overcome it if we want to create an alliance among
us Haitians and friends of Haiti in the Diaspora.
Evidently, each of you has a past and it will remain
with you for the rest of your life.
But,
Can You Change and do you believe in Change and are
you willing to give that person a second chance?

Everyone has something positive that he/she can offer
to the society; can you change, yes you can. Do I
believe in change? Yes, I do; but those who have a
shaky past just need to prove themselves. Are you
willing to give that person a second chance? The
answer must be Yes.

The Diaspora needs to organize itself first before
even thinking about assisting Haiti. A major disaster
hit over 30, 000 Haitians in New Orleans, what have we
done as ?the Diaspora? to assist our fellow brothers
and sisters? We are not talking about individual
assistance. Most of you don?t even know if there were
a heavy Haitian population in the New Orleans area and
the reason is simple: there is no link and
communication among us.

The Holocaust united the Jews and they stick together,
what it will take to unite the Haitian people. We will
always find a reason with tangible facts for not
talking to one another but divided while occupied is a
medicine for disaster. I urge each of you to put aside
everything and including personal interest and use the
Germans and the Japanese approach.

Also, and this is very important: refrain from blaming
anyone. And now, we need to use the Japanese approach:
you see a problem, let fix it together and nobody gets
blame.

Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 1022
Douglasville, GA 30133