27093: Morse (comment) Mis-statements: Time and Noriega (fwd)

From: OLOFFSONRAM@aol.com

1) Time Magazine (the editors at least) and Mr Roger Noriega (who I have
great respect for)have recently made statements stating that presidential
candidate Rene Preval and former president Aristide are political allies or
<associates>. I don't believe this to be the case. I believe that  relationship
ended
shortly after the murder of Jean Dominique. Aristide is stuck  where he is
and is probably fuming that some one else is becoming popular.

2) I believe that of the 35 candidates, 32 or 33 of them no longer want a
presidential election, seeing as there's no way they're going to win. They
would

 prefer the election process to fall apart so they would have more of a
chance at  being <selected>. These are difficult times. If those 32 or 33
candidates  are such a minority, why listen to them in their quest to bring
down
these
elections. Prepare thyself for sabotage.

3)There's word on the street that some of these UN soldiers are getting  paid
off by kidnappers. If all the kidnap victims do go to Cite Soleil, then  that
does seem to be a no brainer.
I'm beginning to wonder myself if there isn't some sort of financial
<kick-back> involved in getting some of these UN contracts. They did it in  the
<oil
for food> program didn't they?? There are some funny odors coming  out of this
whole occupation/electoral/peace keeping process which I have yet to
understand. The UN may not be as <saintly> as their light blue helmets  would
have
you believe.

4) My recommendation is: get on with these elections. Some of these
presidential candidates blew it by trying to run for president instead of the
parliament but they'll be able to correct that in two  years.....

----- End forwarded message -----