27114: Kathleen (reply) Holmstead query

John H:

     You might also want to check with your Lavalas contacts about the
Lavalas meeting JBA held at the old Jean-Claude  Duvalier place describing
journalists as the enemy, and the RSF reports about  his failure to condemn
the Brignol Lindnor murder.
    I was living in and listening to Haitian journalists' daily reports at
the time of his horrible death in Ti Goave, MACHETED to death for trying to
cover a story, and the way nobody in power saw nuthin.  Haitians I spoke
with, journalists and citizens alike, went so far as to say that JBA had
ordered his death, Lindnor like Dominique daring to ask critical questions
of the Great One ("Who will rid me of this damned journalist?"_.  The daily
coverage continued in Haiti for many months, with no visible reaction from
the executive and judicial branches of JBA's government.
    These are heroic people, these journalists, and I deeply resent the
slander of another poster accusing me of villifying all, and my factual
accounts as "fanciful scenarios." Some journalists do their job, and die for
it; others take credit they do not deserve.   Kathleen