27125: Arthur (Reply) Re: 27117: Holmstead(reply) (fwd)

Holmstead wrote:
"It also seemed to me that Arthur's point was that RSF was
omitting any reference to the PNH having killed
journalist Abdias Jean in January 2005. I believe he
was eluding to the credibility of previous claims made
by RSF given this glaring omission. Maybe he can
clarify this for us."

Charles Arthur writes:
Yes, I was obliquely (once again) questioning the RSF's seemingly partial
approach to the reporting of violations of journalists' human rights in Haiti.
It seems to me that during one period of time, RSF would attribute any attack
on a journalist to JBA, but during another period - post-JBA - RSF omits to
even record the murder of a journalist. Just a mistake? I don't think so. We
only have to look at the shameful way that RSF has treated the Association of
Haitian Journalists over the last couple of years....