27139: Simidor (reply) Re: 27134: Collesano: Haiti Progres vs. Batay Ouvriye Round III (fwd)

Dear David Collesano,

How I wish the Sprague, Ives and Haiti-Progres folks
would share more of their trust funds and less insults
with yours truly! I?m game for your ?as-yet-unexposed?
money sources, with the exception of New York Police
Department blood money which is the province of
Haiti-Progres. But even lacking such bounties, I must
confide one is not exactly starving, living the life
of a petty-bureaucrat ideologue out here in Brooklyn.
In such a plump and happy state, there is less of an
excuse to feed at the trough of compromise.  Still,
mortgage and child support payments are killing me,
man!  Rice and beans everyday, and hardly enough left
for ti-punch or a drop of honey.  The ending of your
message was lost on me, however ? I can?t really tell
whether the JB abbreviation referred to John the
Baptist or to our modern Jean-Bertrand.  Also, did I
fall asleep and miss out a round?  By my count, we?re
still at round II.

From this vintage point and with two chickens in the
pot, like Chamberlain was prone to say when he still
ventured an opinion on this list, talk is cheap.
Sprague and his Haiti-Progres handlers can say
whatever they want since real, concrete organizing is
just a thing of the imagination to them, but workers
and peasants and the unemployed in Haiti have basic,
desperate needs that no one else is addressing.  Way I
figgir? it, the masses have been spoiled of late by
all the Lavalas, drug, missionary and ONG monies
flooding the country, and the Batay Ouvriye folks who
used to sneer at other groups for their reformist
politics now find themselves scrambling for some of
those ?development? funds.  Compared with other
groups, Batay Ouvriye is poor, and the poor is by
definition more awkward with money....

Look, I?m not interested in finding excuses for Batay
Ouvriye.  I don?t think they need any.  Until Sprague,
the ?independent researcher,? reveals his own funding
sources, and until he does the honest work of
scrolling down those grant columns to expose the
millions Lavalas Family collected from NED, USAID and
other US government programs during the Clinton years,
one must dismiss Sprague as a stoolpigeon who confuses
naming names with real research.

Daniel Simidor

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com