27144: Corbett: Once again a modification to rules of posting

From Bob Corbett

Folks, recently I changed the policy for posting so that the poster did not have to post his or her e-mail address. This was done to lessen the
harvesting of e-mail addresses by spam artists.

However, there has been a lot of mail complaining about no knowing who was posting.

Thus I am going to make this change:

FIRST: IN THE SUBJECT LINE;  NO CHANGE.
(See below if you need a reminder)

The change is this:

In the BODY of the post, where I used to have your e-mail address at the top, the POSTER must post his or her name (or name you use on the list).
I won't post items with out that.

Below is the note on what the subject line must look like:

THE RULES FOR POSTING TO THE CORBETT HAITI FORUM ARE AS FOLLOWS

I WILL POST NO NOTES THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES:

1. Do not post over the top of the old note. If you wish to include a small piece of the old note to reply to, fine. But not the whole note.

2.  YOU -- not me --

Must provide the follow information in the SUBJECT LINE:

A.  Your name.
B. Nature of post (reply -- news article -- opinion piece -- announcement -- request -- asking etc.)
C.  If replying:  what note are your replying to?

Unless 1 and 2 ABC above are met I will not post the note.

I will not include your e-mail address from the heading of your note.
However, if YOU have it in the body of your note or in your signature lines, then it will remain.

Bob Corbett