27154: Rossier (reply) Re: 27147: Morse (comment) Holmstead re Kathleen (fwd)

From: Nicolas Rossier

Dear Mr. Morse,
that is the main reason of why you can't get it right and why violence
has plagued your city for a long time. You are throwing stones to anybody
based on rumors. How terrible!!! Haiti deserves the same type of justice than any other
place. Innocent until proven guilty should be the rule for anybody. Evidence is
not only nice as you mentoned it but also necessary in any legal system.
I can spread any rumor today about you and if I do it right people will
believe it within a year and you'll find yourself guilty of something you have never done. I have been in your hotel a few times and I have seen how journalists work in Haiti. It is very easy and tempting in Haiti for a blan to fall in the trap of the rumor game. I almost fell in it myself. Journalists should be academic in their work.
Historians will base teir work partly on journalistic sources.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Corbett" <corbetre@webster.edu>