27220: Ives (reply) to 27202: Simidor (reply): Re: 27163: Ives: Re: Collesano: Haiti Progres vs. Batay Ouvriye (fwd)

Submitted by Ives:

Simidor claims: "Batay Ouvriye is dealing a serious blow against the neoliberal agenda, the low wage sweatshop dynamic with Haiti as ground zero for the entire region." Yeah, right. Such a "serious blow" that USAID and the NED are funneling money to them. They are such a threat!

C'mon, Daniel. Let's get real. Stop slinging mud that the Batay Ouvriye revelations are "US government counter intelligence," etc., etc. The Aristide government was what Washington saw as a threat, so they took it out. Batay Ouvriye helped. Now they get money. End of story.

And let's cut the facile formulations. "How much money did Daniel Simidor get from Batay Ouvriye and NED? We'll never know since that book is kept closed." See how easy (and meaningless) it is?

Finally, there have been two audits of the Aristide government's finances by the OPL's Paul Denis and the de factos' infamous UCREF report. They employed dozens of investigators and came up with practically nothing. And Haiti Progres's name, predictably, is nowhere to be found there. Anyway, why would we need it, what with all our "trust funds" and so forth?

Kim Ives