27233: Karshan (Comment) Pictures speak louder than words. (fwd)

from Michelle Karshan
mkarshan@aol.com

In the recent past folks have made various statements
on this list that just were not accurate.  Certainly
folks are entitled to their opinions, but to
misrepresent the facts, either inadvertently or
intentionally, seems irresponsible. For example, one
listmember said that the medical school that President
Aristide built was never even opened! In fact the
school was opened, there were students, there were
professors (including Dr. Paul Farmer), there were
ongoing classes, and while the students were on their
scheduled break, the US military seized the school,
throwing the students out, and military have been
occupying it since as their own base.  I have put up
some of the photos that were on the National Palace
website during President Aristide's recent
administration for your information and for the
record. I attended the majority of these events
personally.
http://www.pbase.com/mkarshan/haiti_dream_keeper_archives_1