27242: LOCCM: Re: 27215: Laurendansr: (reply) Fwd: Re: 27204: LOCCM (reply) Re: 27164: ... (fwd)

Submitted by LOCCM:

Gentlemen:  If you mean LOCC Mission, i can tell you.  In 1954  reverend
Harry Stanley moved to Haiti with his wife and his three sons.  He  established
church at Site Simone and held clinics.  He invited my father  Reverend George
Hawthorn to visit him there.  Before my father completed  the trip, Reverend
Stanley dropped over dead.  In 1971 my father  made his first trip to Haiti
and called me to meet him there.  He said  "these people are dying".  I worked
with my father visiting Haiti 36 times  helping him drill 100 wells, establish
churches, schools, an orphanage, clinics  and feeding programs.  The name
then was Haiti Gospel Mission then.   My father passed away at age 82 and I
inherited the work.  I am  commissioned missions pastor by the church that I
attended in the U S , the  Loyal Oak Community Chapel in Ohio.  For a time We
were
funded by the  company where my brother was founder and president.  When my
brother left  the company, our funding stopped.  Now we are supported by a few
small  churches in the U S.  We have 17 Haitian pastors, thirty four  churches,

ten schools and two orphanages.  My wife is a registered nurse  and holds
clinics.  I spend about half of my time in Haiti.  We have a  team home in
Despinos.  You may reach me at (330) 854-0708 in the U S or at  558 4178 in
Hait
John Hawthorn

----- End forwarded message -----