27254: Morse(reply) Kathleen:non Haitian journalists

Richard Morse

Dear Kathleen,

 1)  I can remember a Dominican journalist being killed during  the '87
election. I believe three ABC journalists were wounded at the same time  while
one
Haitian American photographer gashed his hand escaping over a  wall.

2)  Right after the troops came in '94 a photographer was grazed in  the head
or ear by a bullet when they had those FRAPH/Demonstrator  confrontations
near FRAPH headquarters.

 3)  Just before Aristide left for the second time I  believe some one from
the St Petersburg Press was killed during a demonstration  gone bad.

 These are just recollections off the top of my  head.