27264: Collie: (reply) RE: 27262: kathleen (ask)Re: 27254: Morse(reply) Kathleen:non H aitian journalists (fwd)

Submitted by Tim Collie

Michael Laughlin, a photographer for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, was
wounded twice in the march 2004 shooting that killed the spanish
photographer. He is a white american. I know also of white woman journalist,
whose name I don't want to reveal, who was wounded slightly during an
earlier skirmish in 2004.
Going back further, I do know of at least one other journalist, a television
correspondent, who had a cinder block tossed through her window in 2000 in
or around Cite Soleil. She was hurt seriously, and I'm not sure if she
recovered fully.

Tim Collie
Senior Writer
South Florida Sun-Sentinel