27283: Morse (comment) No collar, Blue collar and White collar gangs (fwd)

Submitted by Richard Morse

The No Collar gangs are from the slums, the Blue Collar gangs are the  police
and military who use their positions for illicit business and the White
Collar gangs, well... The biggest crime perpetrated by the White Collar gangs
is

the lack of public schooling in the country. When I arrived here in 1985 I
think  the was an illiteracy rate of 70-80%. The biggest crimes of the Blue
Collar  criminals are psychological. Normally some one who's there to provide
security is actually providing fear and uncertainty. This creates an imbalance
in
the society. No one to trust.
With Duvalier we had the <Macoutes>, with Namphy we had the  <Zenglendoes>,
with Avril we had the <Attaches> and with Aristide we  had the <Chimeres>. Only

with a trustworthy police force can we some  how get beyond this concept of
parallel military force, drug dealing,  contraband, kidnapping, etc. The first
step will probably be a reasonable salary  for law enforcement along with
severe punishment for abuse of power.  Trustworthy leadership is another
necessity.  How much are the Civpol  police making and how much are the Haitian
police
making?