27325: Durban (idea): High-end Agriculture for Export Market (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:04:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com>
To: Robert Corbett <corbetre@webster.edu>
Subject: Durban (idea):   High-end Agriculture for Export Market

Lance Durban <lpdurban@yahoo.com> writes:

OK, Corbetters, we need a dynamic agriculturally-oriented entrepreneur
for this idea, which was sent to me recently by an NGO friend who
transitioned out of Haiti awhile ago.  He writes:

  "I have been been thinking that an interesting transition
   for (someone)... might be to establish a Haitian export
   company of high end ingredients for herbal and vitamin
   products (some of the larger vitamin/natural products
   wholesalers and retailers for the US market are based
   in Florida for this growth industry that plays well to an
   aging boomer population).  Neil Van Dine, an American in
   Central Plateau who runs a terrific NGO called Haiti
   Outreach, is quite open to shepherding the business concept
   and providing a legal and operational framework for agri-
   cultural production in the Central Plateau (lots of ineffi-
   ciently used land and lots of surface fresh water)."

Gosh, if only I were 30 years younger and knew something about
farming.  But hey, perhaps one of you Corbett readers would like to
dedicate some time to this one.  (Be forewarned, however:  If you make
it past year 3 in Haiti, you'll never leave!)

Regards,
L. Durban