27335: kathleen (reply) Re: 27333: Durban (news): WashPost Editorial - Security for Haiti (fwd)

From Kathleen:

Oh please, the U.S. has a TERRIBLE record of human rights abuses for decades
while "helping" (read "facilitating profits for U.S. corporations")
throughout Latin America.

As for U.S, helping Haiti and Liberia --- by chance, on the History channel,
I saw programs on the reenactments of Diplomatic Security Agents from U.S.
in both Haiti and Liberia.  Quite an education. I also read Russell Banks'
THE DARLING last year.  Same thing. Liberia is Haiti without the art and
music.  It's a horror show.  Please stop the U.S. from "helping" Haiti
become more like Liberia, please.