27356: Du Tuyau: forwarding from Uncle Peanut, a poetry Haitian (fwd)

From: viandemoulue@aol.com

Dear friends, I translate for you from Kreyól in my not-too-good little
English. My uncle, Mèt Pistach (Master Peanut) just send this poem beautiful
to me. Here we go, with translation on same line little bit for each phrase he
he he...

- De je kontre, manti kaba (when each two eyes of two people meet, you see the
love, or the hate)

- Eleksyon se pi gwo zam malere (voting is the poor's last and only effective
weaponry)

- Nou te di powblèm lan se Titid, kounouye a, nou voye touye Preval (I thought
Titid was Mister-Problem-for Haiti; why now you want to kill Preval in
Ouanaminthe campaign, when Preval is no even Lavalas candidate? what is this
new group that want to kill Preval by the way  Base 52?)

- Depi Makandal, pèp Ayisien te di, fók peyi dAyiti  gen pèsonality (Since
Makandal used to chop heads before we are Haiti, the majority Haitian people
say, we are one people with a personality; that's why when the blan and the
black and all everybody foreign go to Haiti, they fall in love or in hate with
the country)

- Ankó m ap fout di l, de je kontre, manti kaba (I'll see you on February 7,
2006)

- Sispann fè lach (don't hide behind crimes to keep me from going to the polls)

- Kanaval sa-a, l ap koumnase 7 Fevriye (it's after elections I'm gonna start
the carnival music and songs  nice rara songs too hehehe)

- Mwen pa rayi-w ti bway, mwen jis di w respecte la lwa (I don't hate you
brother and sister, all am asking, is for you to respect law and order, to
respect due process oh oh oh .... and also too, to stop thieving and then,
call me the thief)

- Ou di pwoblèm lan sete Titid, kounouye a li ale, pou ki sa-w pè pou m pa al
vote Site Solèy (You say to me, Aristide was problem; was he really THE
PROBLEM, when you keep on calling me "chimè" because I am poor?)

- Se wou ki te vomi, oubyen wap ranmase l, oubyen wap vale l  (I didn't vomit
a monster that keeps everyone out of my country; you say you want to create
job for us but when you got the bid for electoral cards, instead of giving the
contract to a Haitian firm [despite the fact that you no nothing about the
printing business], you gave the countract back to those who hate us, in the
DR and to a Dominican consortium). So where the freak is the job you were
going to create after you send Titid to South Africa? Big tchwipe!!! he he he

- Nou kembe w (Gotcha!!)

- Nou fout san wont, bann vólè, san konsyans, apatrid (crooks can dress well,
but they're still crooks)

- Bare vólè ...  (they like to scream help!! a thief is in town .. but watch
out, put your wallet in your vest and please, I know you love women and so,
don't accept any hug from them women).

Okay ... this poem I email back for forwarding to you, is completely
unaltered.

and oh by the way, I don't need no favor from anybody right or left. Not now,
and hopefully with God's help not ever. I am just forwarding you my
frustration and conscience, for a country and a people of all color and
culture and race, that I love so very dearly. I am immensely frustrated with
the morons from the supposed right and left and especially ultra-left, that
keep us from moving forward. If the anti-Titid ultra-right people are
laughable, hilarious, and pathetically funny and a pleasure for me to read,
these ultra-left guys and gals make it even harder for us to make any progress
as a people and nation with their vindictive hate of one freaking person,
Aristide. They can't seem to see that there's a much MUCH bigger issue here.

Du Tuyau, tèt cho hot-headed

----- End forwarded message -----