27358: Wharram (news/commentary) Baby Doc's return to Haiti seen as play to contain Preval (fwd)

From Bruce Wharram <bruce.wharram@sev.org>

I was searching the web to find something about TorTugAir and got the Haiti
Info web site with this note among several notes in French.  I hadn't heard
anything about Baby Doc returning to Haiti or about the last Sunday in the
Pacot quarter.  Has this been posted on the list and I've missed it?
Bruce Wharram

   Haiti-News.Com
 Dominican Today

Actualité

Baby Doc?s return to Haiti seen as play to contain Preval
The unexpected announced return of Jean Claude Duvalier to Haiti could be a
play by the Haitian right and the Americans to restrain the push of the
candidacy of Renè Preval, head of an important sector of the Party Lavalás
Family...His announced return takes place while a sector of the Haitian
people cries out for a strong hand that straightens the country?s course,
lacking stability since Jean Claude fled on February 7, 1986... Last Sunday
Jean Claude?s companion Veronique Roy, headed a gathering with more than
6,000 Duvalier followers attending, in the Haitian capital?s Pacot quarter.
Lire la suite...

Haut de page | Sommaire | Contact

Copyright © 2005 Haïti Info