27362: Labrom: (comment) No Cars on Voting Day?!!

From Jacqui Labrom

I have heard that the Govt/PNH/Minustah (who knows which one) has banned
cars from circulating on the Voting Day. My Minustah buddies said they were
told that it was a historic ruling, in other words they never allow cars to
circulate on voting Day.  Is this correct?  Those of you who were here last
time, is this correct? I was here, but can't remember it. Oh I know why I
can't remember - it was because I was down South out in the boondocks
somewhere!!

The same buddy said that they were trying to persuade the powers that be to
allow cars IF they had 4 people in them.
It sounds like it's going to be difficult if there is no transport, as I
understand some of the places where people have to go and vote are far away,
and I'm not talking about out in the country, but even around PVille?
Anyone got any info on this?

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE SA
email: voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com