27363: Allen(history question)Bombardopolis (fwd)

From: "allengatorz@juno.com" <allengatorz@juno.com>

I am writing some things about the area around Bombardopolis and wanted to know if anyone out there had some history of there interesting info.  On my last trip back from Haiti I met a man in the custom's line in Miami who shared some interesting things about Bombard.  How there were many Polish soldiers who fought in the revolution who settled in Bombard.

Also I have friends who live about 12K north of Bombard in a place they call Creve.  I found it on a very detailed map I bought from Omnimap Resources but it was spelled Greve.  The land they live on they have told me was lived on by Germans and many of the names of places in the area seem to be German in origin such as Mt Colon.

Can anyone give me some interesting tidbits on any of this?

Thanks...I love the Corbett list and really wanted to go to Kathy Klarreich's (author of Madame Dread)lecture on Wednesday but it did not work out.  I bought her book on Wednesday afternoon, I am enjoying it.

Doug Allen allengatorz@juno.com