27377: Holmstead Internation Jurists....

FROM: John Holmstead

Received this in my box today. Don't know who they are
 or if they are credible.

International Jurists for Justice in Haiti (IJJH)

We, the IJJH, are committed to seeking justice in
Haiti. The prolonged detainment without charges of
countless victims of this witch-hunt against Lavalas
in Haiti is no longer acceptable. All of the accusers
that justified these acts should seek legal
representation in anticipation of civil action suits
against you. We will work in our respective countries
to file civil actions and at minimum will force you to
answer before local and national judiciaries in these
cases. This includes secondary actors who gave false
accusations and testimony.

The time for thinking above the law is past. It is now
time to take action and stand up for what is just in
the world according to international law. We do not
believe in violence or vengeance but we believe
wholeheartedly in justice.

We hereby declare that we will seek every legal means
and contribute all of our resources to incarcerate
those who gave orders or were associated with the
political persecution of anyone affiliated with
Jean-Bertrand Aristideâ??s Lavalas Party after the
coup of Feb. 29, 2004. We have already begun the
process of taking testimony to document the veracity
of the claims of the victims.

We affirm that we shall pool financial resources
internationally to identify, seek and otherwise expose
to civil damages, on behalf of the victims of human
rights violations in Haiti, anyone responsible for
creating the climate contributing to the political
persecution of individuals as well as those directly
responsible for human rights abuses. We shall work
tirelessly on behalf of all those who are victims in
Haiti to insure that the rule of international law is
met in a timely manner. Damages shall be sought on
behalf of the victims for all persons wrongfully
detained and incarcerated as well as those killed,
injured and tortured as a result of political and/or
personal motives under international law.

International Jurists for Justice in Haiti

Signers for this declaration:

U.S.
France
Canada