27405: Paryski (comment) New York Times article on Haiti (fwd)

From: PPARYSKI@aol.com

I agree with Morse. Aristide was mostly responsible for his own downfall.

But in my experience with international agencies in Haiti during the 25 years
that I lived and worked there, the role of the US govt. and USAID has
generally added fuel to the conflicts that have torn Haitian society assunder.
By
their association with and support of the reactive and unprorgressive elements
of the burgeoisie, the US agencies have hindered rather than helped development

and stability in Haiti.  Stanley Lucas is misguided and a symbol of the US
involvement in Haiti.

It is also a shame and a tragedy that the burgeoisie have not publicly and
emphatically acted to relieve the plight of the poor which they tend to label
"moun ca yo" "betes".

Paul Paryski