27434: Pierre (Hyppolite) Re: a message from Dumarsais Simeus (fwd)

From: Hyppolite Pierre <hpierre@irsp.org>

Those among you who read French should try to get your hands on Dumarsais Simeus' "message". I just got it by email and surprisingly, read it all and word for word. Even better: those among you who can translate the text for fellow Corbetters should do just that. Of course there are sections of the speech that are purely political, since the man is now a politician. I am also certain that you will find parts of his speech with which you may or will disagree. Nonetheless, I believe it's a message that we should all read, especially Haitians. It's been a very long time since I've heard a Haitian politician make sense. To tell you frankly, I was quite impressed with this one. No, he is no longer running for office; no I would not have supported him if he was, partly because the issue of duo-citizenship is not yet resolved the way it ought to be. I hope my last comment will put to rest any doubt on possible suspicion from all corners; especially among the ultras' ... Best to you,
Hyppolite Pierre