27532: Hermantin(News)Create jobs, return dignity to Haiti (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

Sun Sentinel

Create jobs, return dignity to Haiti

Mike Spinelli
Highland beach

February 7, 2006

All of the problems of Haiti, both their dismal poverty as one of the poorest nations in the world (half the population lives on less than $2 a day) and their major emigration to the USA, can all be solved very easily.

Fix their economy and all other problems will be cured. Many charities are currently helping with the effects of the problem. We need now to fix the cause. Create jobs and dignity returns.

Moving just a small portion of the manufacturing outsourced from USA now going to Asia to Haiti would solve this and save the manufacturers countless dollars in shipping costs.

Haitians are very proficient if given an opportunity. This has been proven when we see their energies in this land of opportunity.

I sold my business recently and am devoting the balance of my years to help Haiti in this endeavor. It has not been easy. In 2005, together with a friend, we built a technical school for an orphanage in Haiti, which is now in session (www.timkatec.org).

Hopefully, the new president will allow persons like myself to help them set up the conditions to invite new manufacturing to Haiti. I have nothing to sell and desire nothing in return.

I have many who would move with me to Haiti to accomplish these goals once security is returned.

I will be happy to email my plan for Haiti to anyone who contacts me at maspinelli@aol.com.