27574: reply Binard Re: 27563: Craig (ask) re Marmalade (fwd)

From: Marc Binard <islandoc2001@yahoo.com>

I have visited Marmelade multiple times since 1971. I
was there 3 times last year.

Its about a 3 hr ride from Cap, just past
Plaisance.The road from Pilboro to Mamlade is well
paved.

Mamlade sets a standard for small Haitian towns. The
roads are paved and clean. There is an internet center
with at least 30 solar powered computers.

Coffee for " Haitian Blue" is grown there. I dont
recall Marmelade being available.

the Taiwan govt has built a Bamboo factory which grows
bamboo and makes furniture.

Mamlade sits a few thousand feet up in the mountains
so it is very scenic and cool at nite.

Marc Binard