27605: Rossier comments on Re: 27594: Esser: (reply) Re: 27534: Simidor (forward): Preval close-up (fwd)

From: Mr. Rossier:

Indeed I wrote several letters to Newsweek about that since Mr. Contreras
repeated that allegation in an article on Oct. 24 2005:
"Eyebrows were raised in both Haiti and the United States when looters
discovered $350,000 in cash in the basement of Aristide's private residence in
Port-au-Prince
on the day after the president fled the country". I asked Newsweek why they
would accept to let that allegation since looters in my view did not
constitute a credible source
to use in a paper such as Newsweek. Although Newsweek had answered me in the
past and its policy is to answer (at least privately) to notes to the editor,
they never came back to me.
I believe they know they were wrong but could not admitt it. I don't know if
Contreras still works there. I hope not. Haiti can not afford poor journalism
anymore.
We know what most of them wrote or did not write in 2004.
.

 that article whee they would meantion that "accroding to rebels"