27619: Senou: (Comment): The Haitian People had spoken (fwd)

The Haitian People had spoken

Senou@yahoo.com

Election is the only way to change government in a
democratic country and the Haitian people had sent a
clear message to all.

The election of Haiti appeared to be free fair and
free. The Haitian people have voted and their choice
must be respected and make no mistake about it. After
the fall of Duvalier, no one will be able to govern
the first independence Black Country in the Caribbean
without a popular mandate. Haiti is unique and I
admire the courage of the most amazing people in the
Caribbean. Nothing can stop the Haitian people from
exerting their right to vote.

I take this unique opportunity to congratulate the
winners of the election which include the elected
President, the Senators and the Deputés. I call upon
the new Haitian Congress to consider amending the
constitution and removing article 13 and 15 and
include ipso facto the Haitian Diaspora in the affaire
of the country. The amendment of the constitution must
take place next year.

I call upon the new Haitian government to initiate a
truthful reconciliation among the Haitian people and
to form a coalition government with open minded
people.

The new Haitian government and the new Haitian
congress shall give a general amnesty to all Haitians
from anything committed in 1804 up to today.
For this reason, they need to put in place a
Reconciliation Commission similar to South Africa and
members of this commission shall be over 70 years old
and all findings shall remain sealed for next 50
years.

Free all prisoners with the exception of violent
criminal
Reform in dept the judicial system
Restructure the police national
Integrate completely the Haitian Diaspora and in
return the Diaspora shall bail out the country
Reduce the insecurity phenomenon

NB: my brothers and sisters, please, do not seek
revenge. For the past 200 years, we have taken revenge
on each change of government; today, it is about time
to seek truth reconciliation. Remember Nelson Mandela
and please follow his footsteps.

A unity among you must be a truth Unity and no one
should be left out.

Good luck to the newly elected government and Congress
and please act in the interest of the country.
NB: Many of the former presidential candidates and
those who were not allowed to run can be a good asset
to the country and I call upon the newly elected
president to consider some of them to form the new
government.

Again good luck and I salute the Haitian people and
each of you shall be proud to be a Haitian National.

Joe Alfred
P.O. BOX 1022
Douglasville, GA 30133
joe_alfred@yahoo.com