27686: Boswell (comment) Haiti Election "Results"

From:  Richard A. Boswell <boswellr@pacbell.net>

A question to those more knowledgeable -- the results that I looked at which provides only a breakdown by province was not very helpful. I have done election monitoring and know that one crucial bit of information that one needs to have is a comparison between polling done by the candidates of their stronghold areas as matched against the preliminary tallies with the final tallies. That is why transparency assures the candidates of some level of fairness. So my question is what was the breakdown of votes beyond the provincial totals -- which do not reveal much. Does anyone have these numbers?

Put another way, the results that I looked at the http://207.234.224.237/eis/ website were not helpful to understanding this election. The breakdown covered too large of an area, and the links to the "comunites" were not working. Does anyone have these numbers?

Richard A. Boswell
boswellr@pacbell.net or boswellr@uchastings.edu