27737: Binard reply Re: 27582: Bell: Preval for President (fwd)

From: Marc Binard <islandoc2001@yahoo.com>

I dont doubt that Preval made large contributions to
Marmelade but the person who is actually reponsible
for many of Marmelade's successes is a Belgian priest
name Pere Joseph Hendrickx.

Hendrickx has spent nearly 45 years in Haiti. He was
in Mamalde from the mid 60s until the mid nineties.
Under his guidance, electricity, fresh water, a clinic
, schools for 2000 students and the road connecting
Mamlade to Pilboro were made possible.

I rode with Hendrickx in his land rover to Mamlade in
1971. We were the first vehicle ever to reach the
town. By the end of 1971, Mamlade had electricity
including street lites, fresh water and a staffed
clinic.

Again, i dont deny that Preval made large
contributions but Pere Hendrickx  deserves recognition
as well. Hendrickx still visits Mamlade and lives in
Gonaives.

Marc Binard