27774: De Verteuil (reply) Re: 27758: Morse (ask) Verteuil re Blank ballots (fwd)

From Patrick de Verteuil

I do not believe anyone "stuffed" blank ballots. I believe the majority of
the blank ballots are the result of voter errors in the same way as the
spoiled ballots are. It is a nation wide phenomenon and more prevalent in
rural than urban localities.
Stuffing blank ballots would be a sophisticated exercise with a
sophisticated motive. I would expect such an exercise to be more localized
and also more common in town than in country.
As the owner of the only photocopy machine for miles around I have ample
experience with the way in which important documents are maltreated. Just
look at our banknotes after a months circulation. This is not a society that
handles important documents with tender loving care; no matter how
important.