27785: Boswell (comment) Fraud and Manipulation (fwd)

From:  Richard A. Boswell <boswellr@pacbell.net>

With all due respect to those who thought that this was such a good election. I have only been involved in a number of elections, and have participated in one well organized delegation as a monitor. I thought that it was rather irresponsible of some of the monitors including the EU which said that they thought that this was such a well run election, even before the count got started. One has to have full and complete access to the entire process beginning well in advance of the election through and until the counting before a conclusion can be drawn that it is clean. I would still want to watch for more facts to be gathered but this election looks pretty bad.

The real question that comes to mind in this kind of a situation is how do you rectify the problems -- do you hold another election? -- Holding another vote actually invalidates the efforts of all of those people who went out and voted, and rewards the fraudulent tamperers of the electoral process.

Richard A. Boswell
boswellr@pacbell.net or boswellr@uchastings.edu