27795: Paryski (comment) election trends (fwd)

From: PPARYSKI@aol.com

It seems to me that there are distinct similarities between the recent
presidential elections in the US and those in Haiti. It is no wonder that the
poor
and oppressed of the world are cynical when politicians talk about freedom and
democracy. As the song goes "What's a poor boy to do".

It will be interesting to see how the problem of the election is solved and
by whom.

I think that the poor of Haiti, given the conditions of their lives and the
myriad broken promises, have shown remarkable restraint.

I keep hoping that Haiti, like the phoenix of the coat of arms of Henri
Christophe, will arise from its ashes.

Paul Paryski