27845: Poincy: RE: 27795: On the Ayitian mentality (fwd)

From: Jean Poincy <caineve@yahoo.fr> Reply-To: Jean Poincy <caineve@yahoo.fr>

Of course Ayiti will rise, but never through the kind of democracy that we are
thinking about and that's the mistake we keep making. It's wasting our time to
think that by some holly action the country will come out of the abyss. We need
to understand why the people exhibit the same kind of behavior each time in
different circumstances. Then maybe we will begin somwhere with the people.

  The people know what's wrong with its life, but how they go about fixing it
is
their dilemma. For regardless the consequences they rely heavily on their
emotions to outdo anyone, anyhow, they don't trust.

  Noone trusts noone s/he is working with. Each one has an ace card hidden in
their sleeves for the right moment. The people is tourmented by the idea that
one is always trying to get the other. No matter what the good intention is
behind a good action, this set of mind always leads to the worst scenario in a
working relationship.  When one is ready to do something outright good, their
question is what does s/he want? If they allow something to begin, the rewards
must be immediate; otherwise, they begin their hostility until a breakup or a
start over if there is ever the latter. When things go wrong, it is always
someone's fault.

  This kind of mentality is a roadblock to democracy. One must be willing to
trust another especially if the rules of the game are set upfront and agreed
upon. Even when there is attempt to deceit. There is always a next time. This
concept is totally absent in the thinking pattern of the people. That explains
the whole ayitian saga where rarely a leader can finish his term or rarely can
someone accomplish something he wanted to do. This is a country that is always
in a remaking motion to get nowhere.

  That has to be changed and democracy is not going to do it. Another form of
government must be conceived for the ayitian case where the people, as I
previously said, will be taken care of. Then, nothing will be wrong with a 'not
so perfect election' for there is never a perfect election anywhere in the
world. With elections there is always something fishy, but with no smell in
some places. After all what's wrong with cheating in an election when everyone
does it. Each one has to wait for his/her to turn to cheat properly.

  Ayiti has lived, lives and will live
  Mozeb

 Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs
exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version
beta.
----- End forwarded message -----