27871: Ferdinand: (reply) Re: 27856: Ferdinand reply Simidor (comment) Re: 27425: Aristide & the Endless Revolution Screenings (fwd)

From: anna ferdinand <fredalokoz@verizon.net>

I have to say I agree with Simidor's opinion on the film.  I saw it recently
as well. There was no footage at all of the huge marches against Aristide,
only a random elite behind his petionville gates.  It does not service the
truth when you eliminate a major portion of the story.  After the showing in
Bellingham, WA a journalist who has investigated the involvement of Canada
and the US in Aristide's downfall, Anthony Fenton, spoke about the IRI and
NED role in Aristide's departure.  He had a very dismissive attitude when I
tried to press the idea that there had been quite a swell of Anti Aristide
sentiment.  If only to give a little context to the audience who only know
what they see.  This is not to say that the film does not make a very good
case for the one side.  As does Micheal Diebert's book, Notes from the last
testament, for the other.  Neither gives the over all balanced perspective
needed.  At any rate, hopefully this is all water under the bridge.  It is
wonderful to see the tit for tat eliminated in discussions of Preval.  Not
so long ago it seemed family members and friends were forced on opposite
sides of the fence.  Now I see a coming together both here on the list and
among friends.  I hope that this continues.  What with all this global
warming it seems ridiculous to keep fighting each other.