27892: Kondrat (musing) Re: 27844: jhudicourtb and Bell, zottes/vosotros (fwd)

From: Peter Kondrat <kondr8@gmail.com>

Latin American Spanish does the same thing, doesn't it?: the 2nd person
plural vosotros
removes the ambiguity of number ... so maybe

 vos otros = vous atures  --> 'zot(t)es  --> zotes

   I don't have any documentation, but that makes sense to me.

   Would there be any geographic or cultural explanation for the
existence/prevalence of this usage in some areas of Haiti and not  others?

   Peter Kondrat

kondr8@gmail.com