27906: Nrossier comment Re: 27899: Dailey: Reply (27884) Boswell (fwd)

From NRossier:

Mr  Dailey:

Had Aristide been in power for 10 years ?

I count 1 1/2 year (19 months) in his first term (where he must have felt
kind of confused to be overthrown and brought back after more than 3 years) and
almost 3 years from February 7 2001 to Dec 2003 where
funds needed to run his country were unavailable. I don't think he was able
to operate normally since Dec 2003 when Haiti was considered as being under attack.
Is that 10 years in office? I would say max 5 and I believe that I am being
generous here as I would expect that a president like any other normal human being would need about 1 to 3 months to get to know his new workplace. In both occasions he had inherited quite a mess and international aid as we know was not available right away in his
first term or almost inexistent in his second.