27933: Morse (reply) kondrat re US suport of Preval

_oloffsonram@aol.com_ (mailto:oloffsonram@aol.com)

Dear Mr Kondrat,
I've spoken, in the last couple of years, to a lot of people working in
Washington and, unless they're putting on a good show, or just outright lying

me, I don't get a negative sense about Preval's presidency. I could be wrong.
I  could be right, only time will tell.

One thing I can say is that they've worked with him before so at least they
know him to a certain extent. When I did mention that I thought Mr Preval
would  win the election, I don't believe he was even a candidate yet.

I believe people in Washington would welcome a bit of stability here in
Haiti, and I also don't believe the Mr Preval likes to create antagonism
between
the different sectors of society. I think that's going to be very  important
in the near future.

 I don't get the feeling that Mr Preval is out to become the richest  man in
this part of the hemisphere.... So perhaps, if there is any aid, it will  be
aid well spent.

As Latin America creates it's own democratic culture, I'm sure  Washington
will begin to understand that the poor and peasant classes, in many  of these
countries, have the largest representation, in terms of numbers.  Hopefully
these voters will wisely choose their leaders and hopefully  they'll have solid

constitutions to guide them.