27948: Poincy: RE: 27926: Senou: Poincy comment on A Call for a Coalition and a Unity government (fwd)

From: Jean Poincy <caineve@yahoo.fr>

  You are heard loud and clear. It's the ideal thing to do, but can we really?
If you took Mandela and placed him in Ayiti, he would do like Ayitians do. If
you took an Ayitian and placed him somewhere with no means of control, but with
his free will, he would turn into it like Ayiti. The whole thing boils down to
the Ayitian mentality which is difficult to dilute to something digestible. We
can gather every good Ayitian on the planet with determination to change
things. They?ll get nowhere, if the Ayitian negative perception of living with
others is not worked on.

Not being used in working together on the basic principle of trust will make
any
coalition a null activity. Although, they all know what must be done, the lack
of trust that is well rooted in the Ayitian character will make it impossible
to get something out of it. Circumstance is what guides Ayitians at all times
and always to the wrong path. The coalition that is in question here is
possible only when there is a vision; but that's lacking.

  Think of the many times Ayitian leaders made a coalition and try to identify
the good thing that came out of it. There is nothing good to find. Such a
coalition has always been dissolved, before a concrete result. The reason is
that every member of the coalition does not trust one another. Each one always
has his ace card to pull out at the right moment, as I've mentioned before.

  Explain to me the rationale of a group of presidential candidates who agreed
to form a coalition on the second turn when the necessity for it was for the
first turn? Moreover, on the course of giving the election results, one of the
group splits to claim himself second after Preval whom he believes is the
winner and changes side.

  There was no vision behind their coming together, if there were and they
wanted to block Preval, they would form a strong coalition from the start and
unify behind one candidate. This is to say that most Ayitian decisions are
circumstantial and are hollow. The manner Senou wishes that coalition to be
formed is an ideal that does not fit the Ayitian politician frame of thinking
and working.

  We must not live in a dreamland. Ayiti is a tough nut to crack. Thinking that
we can do things just the way we've seen it being done in rich countries just
won't do it. The thought pattern of Ayitians is different. For instance, what
makes us think that Ayitians want a clean street? We, sitting where we are in
clean cities and know very much about good health from a clean environment,
think these are some universal desires and everyone would want that with great
pleasure. Well, much to our disappointment, all that are relative and some
people just don't find it necessary to clean their environment. They feel quite
comfortable with it; otherwise, the place would not be so filthy and no one
would make the excuse and blame it on the government. The people just like
their trash next to their businesses, their houses, in their rivers or along
the road where they take a nice evening walk.

  What comes to mind is Wyclef Jean with all his good will to help his
homeland.
I command him for his effort; however, it seems that what he is doing is
worthless. He has his group YeleHaiti employing a number of people to clean
some neighborhoods in PoP. Yes, he creates some jobs alright, but what is the
result? As they clean the streets, they go on a corner at least two blocks
apart they drop the trash to form a beautiful mountain trash right at streets
intersection. We get the picture! No one complain, everyone goes about their
business, even sits and eats next to it. That?s part of their daily life. Take
it away, they will be disturbed! Wyclef might see it as one good thing to do in
his eyes, but are the people really care about it? I don?t think so.

I made this wide turn to invite Senou not to dream much about calling on the
Ayitian Diaspora to think of doing something of value for Ayiti. All good this
idea might be, accomplishing it could be quite disappointing. I may sound like
someone preaching for no efforts to be made in Ayiti. This is not the case. I
am trying to point out that the problem of Ayiti is somewhere else. Everything
that is happening and seems to be what blocks everything is the symptom of the
problem, hence superficial.

  From this perspective, Ayiti must be remade starting with modeling the
people?s mentality. It might be difficult with the adolescent and adult
generations. We must accept to lose those, and start with the newer ones and
recuperate some of the former. Democracy is the last form of government that
could do it. As democracy is not for Ayiti, persisting on having it will always
bring the kind of discussions we are having today on Corbettland.

  Ayiti can have a custom made democracy where there is no direct participation
of the people. As it is a paternalistic society, the people would be willing to
live under a benevolent authoritarian government which of course will renew
itself among those that compose it. How it can be done? It?s by giving the
people who voted democratically a coup d?Etat. There would be voting only once
for at least two generations to form the government. The democratically elected
government, executive and legislative, would change the rule of the game and
govern the people with a vision. Within two generations, Ayiti would be ready
for the type of democracy that we are talking about, as their thought of
pattern would be shaped in the appropriate manner. Then, the seed of trust
would be planted and the sense of leaving with others with respect for one
another would be inculcated as the foundation of a new Ayiti.

  Before I end this, I must warn everyone not to interpret losing two
generations as being tow generations totally ignored in the society. We must do
something with them. The economic aspect of the new life in Ayiti will take
care of it. How? The government does not need to waste its time to form
coalition, nor call anyone to help build the rich-poor bridge. It must
institute a very safe environment and create conditions for those who want to
invest with the intention of getting rich. It must not think that the rich must
do things for the poor. No one would want to do it. They would do it unless
they are getting something out of it. It must create incentives for them to
want to do it. Those incentives are nothing, but a way to get richer and
richer.

  Then, the new Ayiti must have a compensating system to assist those who have
difficulty to make through. In this frame of environment, everyone will have a
chance to make it or not to make it. Too busy trying to make it, the people
will not have the time to be so much involved in the affaires of government
when they are not suppose to. Not making it will not be the responsibility of
the government and less that of the rich.

  Ayiti has lived, lives and will live
  Mozeb

 Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs
exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.Téléchargez la version
beta.
----- End forwarded message -----