27945: Du Tuyau: Deja vu all over again (fwd)

From: viandemoulue@aol.com

I want to bring y'all attention to a classic politics (Haitians and foreign
magouyeurs) that's taking place.

Quickly back in 2000. Controversy after the May 2000 elections. Charles Manus
(constitutional head of the CEP) leaves the country. He found a think-tank in
Washington that gave him a forum, and they worked so well (adding to the many
mistakes of Titid) that by the end, they managed to overthrow a government.

Now: 2006. Preval won. It's unpleasant for those who lost. It doesn't seen to
be
the time for reassessment. Instead, the same game seems to be getting played
again. So Jacques Bernard (a recruit of the executive, NOT one of the 9-member
CEP and therefore, someone who should not even have been part of the electoral
council), will be soon in Washington for the same kind of conference.

If you don't believe me, they're trying to cook the same meal in the kitchen.
This is how my favourite right-wing website put it. Read below, courtesy of
Jean Du Tuyau.

Exiled CEP Administrator to Address Haiti Democracy Project Seminar
webmaster, 2006-02-21
Haiti Democracy Project web page item #3469 (http://www.haitipolicy.org)
Jacques Bernard was director-general, and by many accounts the only effective
administrator at the Provisional Electoral Council. At an episode at the
tabulation center in the industrial park, two of the commissioners, Pierre
Duchemin and Patrick Fequiere, loudly upbraided Bernard for an hour in an
attempt to intimidate him and curry favor for themselves with Preval. Then
pro-Preval demonstrators invaded the Montana Hotel in search of electoral
officials to attack and lynch, Bernard chief among them. With U.S. help, he was
whisked to the United States as was Leon Manus five and a half years ago. The
Haiti project was proud to present Manus at the Brookings Institution in 2000
in his first U.S. appearance after fleeing to exile. We are equally proud to
present Bernard.
Watch this space for further announcements.