27967: Sajous(Reply) 27951: Morse (comment) Politics Manigat style

Pierre-Andre Sajous
_sajousp@aol.com_ (mailto:sajousp@aol.com)

 As an observer of haitian politics I will state that Manigat is a  student
of Duvalier(Papa Doc).He tried to use the same tactics used by Duvalier,
become President in a rigged election by the army and then get rid of the
general.Duvalier got rid of Kébreau so Manigat tried to get rid of
Namphy.Duvalier
succeeded because in the lower ranks of the army at the  time he had strong
loyalists (i.e. Merceron, Beauvoir etc.) Manigat tried to  make a deal with
Jean-Claude Paul who was indicted for drug trafficking in the  U.S.,an
alliance of
convenience and that failed.Manigat in 1988 had all the  intentions to act as
disciple of Duvalier.
A few years ago, I sent a speech made by Manigat to my step mother and she
commented to me that Manigat sounds like Papa Doc.Weeks later in a
conversation
 with someone else I related her comments,and that person told me of course
she  is right Manigat was Papa Doc's speechwriter in his early years.That
person to  add if anyone would research Papa Doc's book if I am not mistaken"
les
oeuvres  essentiels" and looked at some Duvalier's speeches,they will see the
similarities with Manigat's.

If Manigat is a friend of your family, I suggest you asked him those
questions and let us know the answers.

So much for Politics Manigat style, it is time for Haiti to move  on.