27974: ev (comment) 27967: Sajous(Reply) 27951: Morse (comment) Politics Manigat style (fwd)

From: E Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

Both Duvalier (Papa Doc) and Manigat share Machiavelli's philosophy of ascending to power. Both Duvalier and Manigat rather learned from each other, and beeing too smart to Duvalier, he had to go in exile. But Manigat tried to get rid of Namphy in a more diplomatic way by retiring him. Aristide was taking notes from all this by retiring the top army's officials the very first day he's sworn in but that did not prevent a coup againt him in less than 7 months. They both (Aristide and the army) have played a kind of political "ping pong" (o.k you sent me in exile and I back and I am going to fix you. Under Aristide II, some members of the defunct army led a rebellion against him and forced him to go in exile again. What happen these guys now??). And at the very end (Feb. 2004) none of the two really won when analyzing Haiti's political situation. All these silly fights rather benefit the International Community, but not the Haitian people who have been suffering for over 200 years.

e. w. vedrine

As an observer of haitian politics I will state that Manigat is a student of Duvalier(Papa Doc).He >tried to use the same tactics used by Duvalier, become President in a rigged election by the army >and then get rid of the general.Duvalier got rid of Kébreau so Manigat tried to get rid of Namphy.Duvalier Pierre-Andre Sajous