27982: Travis Smith - - Request for information - - Apparel manufacturing in Haiti (fwd)

From: tksmith <tksmith@hsph.harvard.edu>

I am a student focusing on international development issues and am doing
research on Haiti.

I recently came across a news report that described a trend of Haiti losing
apparel manufacturing jobs in the face of increased competition from China.
(See: http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/NewsDetails.asp?News_id=13994).

I'm looking for additional information on the strength of the apparel
manufacturing industry in Haiti.  I would be grateful to receive any leads,
contacts or general information people on this list might be able to send my
away.

Ideally, I would love to find contact information for people knowledgeable
about apparel manufacturing outfits that have closed recently (i.e., last 5
years).

Please feel free to email me directly at tksmith@hsph.harvard.edu.

Thanks in advance.