27997: Dailey: Comment re 27984: Labrom- Aristide's McMansion (fwd)

Dailey

Comment

Aristide's McMansion

When, many years ago, people started to ask how it was that someone whose previous employment had been as a priest with the Salesians came to possess a mansion of such size and splendor, Aristide supporters let it be known that it had been a present from Antoine Izmery. Since Aristide never publically acknowledged the gift I am inclined to think that this is true.

I also recall rumors that he had sold it to the GOH for $7 million, although I don't remember seeing this in print. However, since Aristide's feisty little PR man Ira Kurzban insists that Aristide has no money I am inclined to believe that this rumor is false.

Peter Dailey