28002: Re:27988 Math Jay(question) on Aristide return (fwd)

from _Jepiem@aol.com_ (mailto:Jepiem@aol.com)
Mr Morse seems to be telling us that Mr Aristide doesn't want to return to
Haiti for fear of some kind of retribution or some other reason. If that is so,

 it might be better for Haiti for a while to avoid the turmoil that his
presence  might cause at the beginning of a Preval regime. My sense is that it
would be  best for him to wait till the Preval regime and the new Legislature
get
a chance  to establish themselves and get the country at least started on the
right road.  But how can Mr Morse be so sure? He has lived in Haiti for years
and we must of  course respect his opinion, but my reading of the Aristide
temperament from afar  tells me otherwise, and I would be pleasantly surprised
if
he were to turn out  to be right, without any outside pressure on Messrs
Preval or Aristide that is.  Now Mr Morse are you taking any bet?
In addition, I think the press is always at the scent of a sensational  story
and getting Mr Aristide to comment on a prospective return seems like  a good
opportunity for them to stir up things when they have nothing else  to do. I
don't believe they need to be bribed for that. I tend to take Mr  Aristide at
his word that he wants to return to Haiti. Besides it can't be  that great for
him way over in South Africa where he sort of has to behave or be  shown the
way out.
Math Jay

----- End forwarded message -----