28031: George: (reply) RE : 28019: Kathleen (reply) Durban/Gill (fwd)

From: jacques georges <jacquessoleil@yahoo.ca>

When I read posts such as yours, Kathleen/Durban, I
cannot help but resist the perverse hopelessness that
one is inclined to give into. I have travelled through
North and West Africa, Latin America and the
Caribbean. From the airports'gates to your means of
transportation you do not have to worry about being
assaulted by armies of beggars. While these scenes are
troubling, even revolting to our decent foreign
friends as well as to the few decent Haitians  that
are left, ALL of our (Haitian) politicians  have
chosen to close their eyes to the problem. For, they
care about one thing and ONE thing ONLY: ROB THE
COUNTRY OF ITS LAST FEW CENTS.

Haiti will only change when we, Haitians,  elect
"organic" leaders!

Jacques-Raphaël Georges, Ph.D.
French & Francophone Cultures
University of New Hampshire