28176: Hermantin RE: 28158: Corbett (reply) Books from Educa Vision (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

Dear Bob:

A few years ago, I participated in a lively debate about the possibility of offering Creole as a foreign language in a manner that was comparable to French, German, Italian etc. I argued that any immersion language program needed to be supported by multiple educational resources which I doubted were available in Creole. I challenged the Creolists on Corbetland to come up with a list of textbooks about Chemistry, Algebra, Geometry etc. in Creole... and there were no takers.

For the past six months or so I have participated in many meetings where school administrators and parents have been discussing the very real possibility of offering Creole as a foreign language option at a local elementary school. When I inquired about the availabilty of support material in Creole , I was informed that they would be relying primarily on Educa Vision to provide texbooks and other materials needed to implement K-5 instruction in Creole.

As the nay sayer who said show me... I got 'showed" good.... Congrats to Educa Vision's Fequiere Vilsaint and Maud Heurtelou!!!