28183: Voyageslumiere: (reply) : Re 28158 Cookbooks J Labrom (fwd)-- Corbett adds

from Jacqui Labrom

I don't think you included this one Bob in your list of cookbooks - The Art and
Soul of Haitian Cooking - it was produced by the Haitian Institute in
Washington DC.

For those of you in this geographical are, this is a Haitian Cultural
Institute.
Well worth checking into.

The book is great, except they do include a recipe for Caviar Pie!! I doubt
that
Haitians have even heard of Caviar, but in all fairness they do not use real
caviar, but the black or red lumpfish 'caviar'.

Jacqui Labrom

Jacqui, thanks for bringing that up. I recognized the title immediately and went to that book in my files. I somehow forget to put in the "keywords" and thus my search for recipes or cooking didn't turn the book up. But, yes, I do have it and it is a nice book.

Bob