28210: Corbett: Pornorgraphy about or set in Haiti

From Bob Corbett

Folks,

Today's mail brought me a brand new book out of England: ABDUCTED IN HAITI. This is only the FIFTH book in my entire library that is about or set in Haiti or by a Haitian author which is relatively hard core pornography.

The other four are:

-- a book by Kathy Acker entited (sometimes) Young Lust and in other versions Literal Madness. And madness it is. A first time English woman coming to Haiti has oral sex on the way to the hotel with the cab driver and it goes on from there!!!

-- Sweet Punishment and Strange Hungers, clearly BDSM novels.

-- Queen of Evil which is Voodoo porn.

While two of them are published in the U.S., I think all of them originated in England.

The new one, Abducted in Haiti is also listed at BDSM.

I hate to admit to a terrible naivety, but I had to go to google to look up the BD or BDSM to discover that it meant Bondage and Dominance, and for those even more naive than I, SM is for sado-machisism.

I have about 2500 books in my Haiti library and only 5 of them are in the porno category. I began to wonder if that were the smallest category in the library.

I immediately thought about coin books, but I have six of those.

I tried another 6-8 potential topics, but nope, none were fewer than
the five porno books.

Now, what does this tell us? For sure that Haiti porn doesn't sell well. Since porn is one of the most popular genre, the fact of only 5 about Haiti says that it's just not a major seller.

None of the books is written BY a Haitian, but were there Haitian pornographers perhaps they would publish in French, and my library is about 95% English books.

And of my five books, three are in the more specialized genre of
BMSD.

I thought you'd all be out there waiting for this data. Happy to share.

Curiously of the nearly 2500 journal articles I have, not one is listed as porn. One, from the late 1900s comes very close. :)

Bob Corbett