28228: Re 28226 Labrom (reply) energy crisis comments (fwd)

from Jacqui Labrom

1) I understand from older Haitian friends that there is Oil out near Leogane - it seems that some French geologists found it years ago and they reckoned it was on the same 'vein' as Venezuela. But the Haitian govt. are being blocked from exploiting it by the US Govt. somehow! I didn't really understand that reasoning. But has anyone else heard this? It would be wonderful if it was true.

2) the other day on Metropole I heard some environmental person (can't remember who) saying that the rubbish that PauP creates on a daily basis could be used to solve the energy crisis! Now there's a thought - two birds with one stone!! Anyone else got a theory on this!!

Jacqui Labrom
Voyages Lumière