28225: Re: Paryski (comment) Haitian recycling (fwd)

From: PPARYSKI@aol.com

Many years ago I suggested to the companies that distribute water and
artificially sugared drinks in plastic bottles, that they initiate a program of

paying for plastic bottles  and sacks by the kilo so that the plastic could be
recycled into buckets and other containers while providing some small income to

the street kids. I also said this on the radio stations.  I was met with
threats

and curses from the company owners.  Empty plastic bottles are a perfect
breeding place for mosquitos. Plastic bottles from Haiti are washed up on Cuban

shores and kill fish and other aquatic life. The only way that this could be
successful is if the Government stepped in.  It is certainly a good idea.

Paul Paryski