28242: 28232 (reply) Coal powered plant. Math Jay (fwd)

From: Jepiem@aol.com

The poster for #2832 suggests using haitian coal as fuel for a DR power
plant to be built on the northern part of the border. I doubt if they would be

talking about the wood coal that the peasants make in Haiti. To my knowledge
coal isn't being mined in Haiti. Haiti has enough environmental  problems as it

is anyway, particularly made worse by the need to use wood  coal as a source
of energy. It definitely doesn't need more. Wind and solar  heavily subsidized
by the state would seem to me the way to go. I would think  this is the kind
of things the new leaders should emphasize as needs for the  international
community who claims so much to want to "help Haiti". Put their  good will to
the
test and don't let it just be REGIME CHANGE alone.